Thursday, April 2, 2009

Personally, I don’t see the value


OK. Some of the seats at the new Yankee Stadium and the Mets’ new Citi Field are reasonably priced (for the times), and that’s nice.

What’s not nice is some of those seats have restricted views. How restricted? Well, according to The New York Times, one Mets fan who bought a 15-game package discovered he couldn’t see the warning track or about 20 feet of the outfield from the left-field line to center field. “In other words,” the fan said, “I will only know if a home run is hit if I am listening to a radio at the game or I wait to see the sign from the umpire.”

But that Mets fan is lucky.

In Section 201 of the new Yankee Stadium, fans won’t be able to see left field at all and, in some cases, not even third base. Why? Because their view is blocked by the walls of the Mohegan Sun Sports Bar, which sits above Monument Park behind the center-field fence.

The Yankees are mounting five flat-panel screens on each side of the restaurant’s outer walls so fans can see on television what they miss live.

Ah, take me out to the ball … I mean, take me out to the flat-panel TV screens.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/01/sports/baseball/01seats.html?ref=baseball

No comments: