Thursday, October 23, 2008

'Kind of' disgusted?

Chiefs star running back Larry Johnson said he was "kind of disgusted with myself” — after he was accused to spitting in the face of a woman at a Kansas City nightclub.

“Kind of disgusted”? Why the qualifier, Larry?

Actually, Johnson sounded contrite, and God knows he has reason. This is the fourth time in five years Johnson has been accused of assaulting a woman.

"This is the first time in my life I actually had to stand up, I mean actually woke up and kind of be disgusted with myself and disgusted as far as the way my life and my career is heading right now,” Johnson told reporters Tuesday.

Johnson apologized and made the usual promises: to get help, to work hard "to get my life back on track …”

But he added this, which is hopeful, “… and know that I and I alone put myself in these critical situations and environments to where things don't come out favorably to me.”

“"In times of darkness, you've got to look for the light and that's what I plan on doing, regardless of what suspensions and fines are being handed down. I will take them as sincerely as they give them out."

Well, we’ll see.

No comments: